Training, Skills and Interests
- M.A. Degree with a focus in counseling psychology and consciousness studies.
- Over 20 years of training, apprenticeship, group leadership and teaching experience with Dr. Stanislav Grof, a founder of Transpersonal Psychology.
- Many years of counseling psychology training and practice, with a focus in Gestalt therapy. Please note that I am not a professional therapist.
- Certified Yoga Instructor, Integral Yoga.
- Certified breathwork facilitator, Holotropic Breathwork (retired).
- Skilled in group leadership and holding space for people in expanded states of consciousness.
- Extensive experience with teaching astrology in many settings.
- Daily personal meditation, yoga, astrology and tarot practice since 1992.
- Committed to self development and inner work, having used many modalities, including: psychotherapy, Holotropic Breathwork, sacred medicine work, sand tray therapy, conscious dance, The Hoffman Process family of origin work, 12 step work, The Human Awareness Institute work on sexuality and intimacy, Burning Man rites of passage, and many artistic and musical practices as a part of my ongoing integration process.
- Deep engagement with the work of Alice Miller, Carl Jung, James Hillman, Anne Wilson Schaef, Chris Bache, Gabrielle Roth, David Spangler, Dolores Cannon, David Wilcock, Grant Cameron, Ram Dass, and Paramahansa Yogananda, amongst many others.
- A love of metaphysical studies, channeled literature, the Life Between Lives research of Michael Newton, and a deep fascination with the whole world of UFOs and the possibility of an extraterrestrial presence on the Earth.
- An abiding love for Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead.
A recent interview in which I discuss my current approach to
working with clients.