Training, Skills and Interests
- M.A. Degree with a focus in counseling psychology and archetypal astrology.
- Over 20 years of study and direct work experience with astrologer and historian Richard Tarnas.
- Many years of counseling psychology training and practice, with a focus in Gestalt therapy.
- Certified Yoga Instructor, Integral Yoga.
- Certified breathwork facilitator, Holotropic Breathwork.
- Over 20 years of training, apprenticeship and direct work experience with Dr. Stanislav Grof.
- Skilled in group leadership and holding space for people in expanded states of consciousness.
- Extensive experience with teaching astrology in many settings.
- Daily personal meditation, yoga, astrology and tarot practice since 1992.
- Committed to self development and inner work, having used many modalities, including: psychotherapy, Holotropic Breathwork, sacred medicine work, conscious dance, The Hoffman Process family of origin work, 12 step work, The Human Awareness Institute work on sexuality and intimacy, and Burning Man rites of passage.
- Deep engagement with the work of Alice Miller, Carl Jung, James Hillman, Anne Wilson Schaef, Chris Bache, Gabrielle Roth, David Spangler, Dolores Cannon, Ram Dass, and Paramahansa Yogananda, amongst many others.
- A love of metaphysical studies, channeled literature, the Life Between Lives research of Michael Newton, and a deep fascination with the whole world of UFOs and the possibility of an extraterrestrial presence on the Earth.
- An abiding love for Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead.
“Matthew Stelzner is one of the best and
most talented astrologers whose work I know
well. He brings to his practice a unique
combination of talents – an academic
background in psychology, extensive
personal and professional experience with
holotropic states, and extraordinary
astrological knowledge and intuition. I
recommend him as astrological consultant
to all serious seekers who are on a spiritual or
Stanislav Grof, M.D., author of Psychology of
the Future and When the Impossible Happens
A recent interview in which I discuss my current approach to
working with clients.